The past month has been a frustrating battle with Google’s search results. My audiobooks for ipod site has been bouncing between the first page of Google search results and the last page of results. When it gets pushed to the back, the whole site seems to be affected. It will be on the first page for thousands of keywords one day and then the next it won’t show up for just about anything. Very frustrating.
I think it has to do with duplicate content that Google has indexed. First, I had set up some subdomains to serve images faster, but Google began duplicating content like mad so I cut of the subdomains. Now, I’m seeing Google index XML feeds which create duplicate content. I added noindex to those last week, but it seems to take forever to get out of the doghouse:<